About Me...

My photo
I'm an Engineer by day and crafter by night (or whenever there is free time). I love to travel and would love to visit all seven continents in my lifetime.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

What a start of a year...

I can't believe that the new year is in full force. It's going by so quickly. I have tons of stuff to do as always, but it's coming along. So many things planned for the upcoming year, with work, with scrapping.

I have been in purging mood, since Thanksgiving, that I was hoping I would finish during the Christmas break. But it didn't happen because I got sick with a cold and just stayed in bed all day. I guess it was good I got a break, but I really want to be over with the purging and organizing. We had a garage sale this week at Picture Me Perfect. It was great to see that some of my stuff is going to be used rather than just gathering dust in my room/garage. I still have more to purge but slow steps are in order. I may even show a picture of my garage once it's all clean and organized with my scrap stuff.

Last night, I got to scrap for the first time since last year, I can't even remember since when, and it was so much fun. I finished my two garage girl assignments. They came out great. I love them. I had an idea of what I wanted to do with each of them and I love them. Check them out:



The Sparky layout was very helpful and therapeutic. It has probably the best photo I ever took of him, it's my favorite. We just got his ashes back on December 30th. It was difficult day for us, but we know he is now in a better place. So we are trying to move on. As part of my self-imposed therapy to help me move on from Sparky's passing, I went to see Marley and Me with Suzy, Janice, Victoria and Maria. I cried non-stopped, but it helped me with closure. It's a great movie, well done, I can't believe how close it is to the book. I haven't read the entire book, only the chapter that deals with Marley's passing as I got the book the day after Sparky passed. I know I will read the book soon. It's such a great book. We miss our buddy, but it's getting better everyday.

As I mentioned last week, my dear Michelle lost her superhero of a husband, Marshall, on December 27th. I'm so proud to belong to a very special group of scrapping ladies that came together and helped as much a we could. With that note, my friend, Debbie is hosting a crop in Marshall's memory at PMP on February 15th, 10am-8pm. For more details go here or email Debbie. All proceeds will go to the American Heart Association. If you are in the area and can't make it you can still donate. I will be doing a demo during the crop. So come by and check it out.

Also, my class is coming up on Saturday January 24th at 2pm. Sign up for it at the store.

So, I'm one of the thousands of people who tried to get the Becky Higgins kit for the 365 Project, luckily, I got one of the kits and have been trying to take a picture a day. If I can't take the picture that day I have a spreadsheet where I make a note of what I wanted to take the picture so I can take it on another day. So far it has been working. I'm excited to be getting the kit and completing it this year.


I have been awarded the Lovely Blog Award from my friend Patti.

Rules of this award:

1. Add the logo to your blog.
2. Link to the person from whom you received this award.
3. Nominate 7 or more blogs.
4. Leave a message on their blog, letting them know they are “One Lovely Blog”

Now to choose 7 blogs to pass this award on to:
Erin
Kristin
Nicole
Lizz
Laurie
Noel
Satyn

One last note, I'm officially becoming a US Citizen on Wednesday January 21st, 2009. I'm so excited. Can't wait for the day to come.
Hope you have a great week.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi honey! I love the new layout of your blog!!! You need to teach me how to do that! Speaking of that... thanks for the nod of "one lovely blog." I am barely able to upload pics, you may have to walk me through the nomination process... one step at a time. Basically, can you explain it to me like a fifth grader?
love ya!
nicole

kyoung97 said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE your new blog...thanks for the award...i will pass it on tomorrow! gotta go take a shower...and your lo rocked (as usual)

Unknown said...

LOVE the new blog look - where DID you get it?
Layouts are absolutely awesome....as usual!
You must read Marley - it is a book that will stay with you forever! We have an actual "Marley" in our Libbi. She is a yellow lab & looks so much like Marley & has so many of the tendancies. We just love her to death!

Krista Lund said...

hola! love the new look!
i will be seeing you at the AHA crop!!!

My Blog List...

Alejandro Sanz

Michael Bublé

Camila

New Kids on the Block